Tuesday 19 February 2013

Post Valentine's

I meant to get this up a lot sooner, but we've been bogged down with the "Boyd Family Winter Cold 2013".  We've been pretty lucky considering, barely a cough all season, but what started out as a Tuesday afternoon sniffle, ended up as a full blown head cold by the weekend and because my boy is practicing his sharing skills the cold quickly got passed on.

We are over the worst of it for the most part, but the Valentine post suffered as a consequence.  I am writing one up anyway regardless of the fact that nearly a week has passed, because by God this is my second favorite holiday of the year and I am going to write about it come hell or head cold!

That, and we had a really great Valentine's Day so it deserves a post.

There was heart shaped toast and bacon for breakfast.


Heart shaped cake and chocolate dipped strawberries at dessert.

Mr. Boyd got a hunk out of it before I could get a picture!


An impromptu sugar cookie decorating party in between, which I decided to do again at the last minute because it was so much fun to do it last year. Then I regretted it briefly when I remembered what happens when you put out bowls of colourful candies in front of three year old's, only to be glad to have endured the sugar highs because the end result was so beautiful and colorful.


Husband and I offered Jake dinner early and put him to bed before whipping up an easy meal to enjoy privately after wards. Sometimes eating alone together at our own kitchen table is just as romantic as going out for dinner. There was wine and candle light and chocolate cake for dessert, then it was off to the living room with a plate of chocolate covered strawberry's and an episode of Homeland, season one.
A very romantic evening if I do say so myself.

________________________________

On a side note, Jake's Valentine's for his friends this year consisted of cardboard cut our hearts he decorated and colored by himself that I glued to paper doilies and attached to string to hang as Valentine ornaments. As well as a few rocks he gathered at our local beach and painted himself. I wrote Valentine's notes on them when they dried, and voila - Valentine Rocks. I stole the idea from my sister, of course. It was an idea she had a few years back for her then 3 year old. Her idea this year was beyond me unfortunately.


Anyway, there it is. Our Valentine's day which was followed by a few straight days of being sick. But it wasn't all bad, we did after all manage to get out for our first ever double decker bus ride so who can really complain.


I hope you all had a great day celebrating love last week.

Love, Valentina

1 comment:

  1. Love yer love rocks! So cute!

    Can't wait to see what you and Jake are whipping up for your "conclave craft" while we wait for a new pope...keep me posted...

    ReplyDelete