Sunday 23 December 2012

Making Something

When it comes to creativity in my family I definitely swim in the shallow end of the gene pool.
I am not exactly sure where it all went wrong, since I am surrounded by art and creativity on all sides.  My mother is a home economics teacher coming up with unique ideas daily, my father lives and breathes creativity and design through wood both in his work and in his life. My sister basically makes it her business to create art (literally), and what my brother creates in the kitchen is nothing short of a masterpiece. But I... well, let's say when I put some stickers all over my store bought Christmas cards I thought I was being creative.

But this week, I made this:


It looks like nothing special, I know. But I saw it on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and wanted to make it immediately, so I went to Fabricland and I made it. All by myself (more or less, husband had a small part in it - very small). It's nothing really. Totally easy and a bit silly, but Jake loves it and it reminds me of something I made all by myself in my mom's Stitch 'n' Sew class years ago when being creative didn't intimidate me as much.

I was in grade 5, and my mom helps me A LOT.

 So for all of you who think you can't do it, find a project no matter how small, easy or silly it seems, and bring it to life. You'll impress yourself, if no one else.



No comments:

Post a Comment