Thursday 20 December 2012

Donner, Blitzen and Vixen: accounted for

We found them grazing outside our kitchen window this morning, stuffing themselves furiously in preparation for their great journey around the world and back on Monday night.  To Jake these were a trio of Santa's fiercest and fastest reindeer, eating breakfast in his front yard!  The sparkle in his eye shone from his imagination alone and reminded me what this season is all about.


My baby believes that Christmas reindeer not only exist, but dine in our front yard. It was better than seeing Santa himself.  It was the wake up call I needed after these last hectic days of shopping and running around.  With the move and traveling about this Christmas season has gotten away from me more than any other year past. Husband and I have felt stressed. So sharing this simple moment with my boy in our new kitchen this morning was the perfect grounding moment. 


Throw in an afternoon with three great children and friends decorating sugar cookies and gingerbread cutouts and my day was complete.  I am looking forward to Christmas with the joy the season deserves.

 

The final product: 

 
Ho ho ho ho!

1 comment:

  1. Omg...you are a regular Martha Stewart! One with reindeer in the yard. So special.

    Your cookies look better than ever before. Well done!

    ReplyDelete