Saturday 18 February 2012

Snowy Saturday Surprises

It snowed up on our little mountain today. It came completely unannounced, and just when I thought I could almost feel Spring in the air.  Lucky for me, I love snow and even luckier Jake seems to be warming up to it too.

Jake and dad taking in the new view outside our window.
By afternoon it fizzled off and we hit the side walk with a borrowed snow shovel in hand and clear our walk way.

He's over his fear of snow.




----------------------------------------

Since we've moved in to our new home and neighborhood, I have been feeling like we are stuck in that limbo between trying to keep our old routine and attempting to find a new one in our new surroundings.  I know it will come with time and as we get better bearings, and discover all the nooks and crannies of our new area, but in the meantime Jake and I fill our days together spending time with my sister and her kids, and perusing the aisles of the local grocery shop.  Jakob loves pushing around the little "customer in training" shopping carts while we load in our selections.  Sometimes he takes deviating liberties from our shopping list. Like today for example, we were in the chip aisle and I was reviewing the selection of multigrain nacho chips, I make my pick, turn around and see that Jake is loading his shopping cart full of his preferred choice of snack.


Surprisingly it wasn't that bad convincing him that my bag of chips was the better treat and we soon moved on to the check out line. 



The only problem is that I know have this insatiable craving for sour cream 'n' onion chips....

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment