Saturday 20 April 2013

Dinner for two

My husband's new job has required a lot of travel, which means Jake and I often find ourselves spending a whole lot of time together alone, and while I feel entirely blessed and grateful to be able to stay home with him at my own choice, I have to humbly admit that some nights by the time dinner rolls round and I realize this is my third meal of the day making conversation and sharing food with a three year old I start to crave a bit of adult ambiance. True, that most times I don't even notice - but this last time husband was away I noticed.

While I set the table for two in preparation for a delicious meal of frozen pizza and veggie sticks I stood for a moment and considered if there was any way I could infuse maturity into this meal. After a few seconds of pondering I lit a candle at the centre of the table, turned on my Musette de Paris cd, and buttoned the bib around my date's neck. We enjoyed our Italian cuisine together over candle light and french music, discussing the unique differences between freight trains and passenger trains. It was very adult-like all round.


The next evening it was butter chicken and naan, with a little white wine, the same candle, the same three year old, and our much missed daddy.  And we still discussed freight trains.

Sitting back now to enjoy and nice Saturday evening alone with husband.
Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment