Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Leaves of Fall

The last couple of days Jake's favorite past time has been hanging out with his Grandpa in the back yard, raking up a pile of leaves and jumping into them, kicking them everywhere, running back and forth through them, destroying the pile, raking it up again with his Gramps and then doing it all again. And again.... and again.


They are usually out in the back yard a good one to two hours in the afternoon doing only this.  Then he comes back in red cheeked and starving.


I imagine it's hard for any child to resist a fresh pile of fallen leaves. The earthy smell, the crispness of autumn wrapped up in all the perfect fall colours, the crunch under your feet.  It is a part of this season that I remember fondly from my childhood, and now I am sure it will be a part remembered fondly by our boy too.


I hope you are all enjoying your Fall whatever it looks like, wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment