Wednesday 18 April 2012

Big Boy

Last Friday I woke up with my baby, took one look at his rat's nest hair and decided it was time. We were going for a hair cut.

Jake has never had a hair cut before, his slow growing super fine hair just never seemed to need it. It took a full year before he even looked like he had hair, and it was never out of control. Until recently.
Recently, the tufts at the back of his head have been lengthening and growing thicker. Making him look like he was wearing a toupee that had accidentally slipped to the back of his head and got stuck there.  And at the very least, those bangs of his needed a trim.

So I brought him to a local hair dresser for kids because the best I could offer up was a bowl cut and there was no way I was going to subject him to that at such a tender age.

He had his selection of a motorcycle, a Barbie convertible, a Cars car, and an airplane. My boy walked bravely to the airplane, climbed in, and let a perfect stranger have at his head with some scissors. He never cried. He never smiled either, but he really never seemed unhappy. A little confused maybe.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera, so I took a few snaps on my phone, and my phone is soooo 2008 so this is the best I got.

I can't even enlarge it without making it all blurry.
 And within my 15 minutes my little baby transformed into my little boy.

Pardon his look. He's not been the greatest picture poser lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment