Monday 26 September 2011

Muffin Mondays: loafing around

Lately, as you may have noticed from my other recent posts, I have been feeling the joy of Fall in my life.  So this week I decided to celebrate the start of the season by making a pumpkin loaf.  The smells of cinnamon and cloves that filled my home while this was baking were just what I was craving, and this recipe was the perfect match for my mood.

The recipe is something I randomly searched for online a few years ago. It looked good and easy so I scribbled it carelessly into my recipe book and forgot about it for a while.  Who knew it would become a family favorite.

The recipe:
1 cup margarine
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2/3 cup water
2 cups canned pumpkin





1. Cream together margarine, sugar, and eggs.
2. Combine all dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, alternating between the water and pumpkin.
3. Beat well.
4. Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans (I poured one into a loaf pan and the rest of the mix into muffin tins)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 - 60 minutes, or 25 - 30 minutes for the muffins.

You can of course cut it in half to make just one loaf, but I tell you, this thing is so yummy you'll need the double recipe. 


Not muffins I know, but still the perfect side kick to stormy days and a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment