Sunday 21 June 2015

Secret Nest: Part Two

I've been keeping track of the nest. I was told by more than one person to leave it alone, but I just couldn't! So just a couple of days after finding it in the first place, I set up a chair by our dining room window, and if I stand on the chair on my tip toes and the wind blows the hanging basket in just the right way I can see right into the nest. I am quite proud of myself for finding a way to spy on the nest without disturbing the owners, and besides, if I had left the nest alone I would have never spied these:


It looks like the nests owners are going to be parents soon!  And my spying chair is not going anywhere. The last time I checked (five minutes ago) mama bird was tucked in with her eggs having a snooze. 

I want to do some research because I have so many questions about these birds, their eggs, and their life cycle. It's times like these I wish I had a bird expert friend.... In the meantime, I have a bigger problem, I need to find a way to water the hanging basket without disturbing the nest. The flowers are starting to look pretty sad and droopy and the birds need the flowers for hiding and protection. 

Bird ownership is a stressful business! 

more on the nest coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment