Thursday 16 January 2014

New Year's catch up

Oh, hello 2014, when did you creep up on me?

It's been a while. What can I say, it's mid way through January and I feel like just now am I coming out of the hazey blur that was the winter holiday season. I feel the need to post a few highlights from our holiday because, despite the haze, it was in fact a blast and it should go on the record, even if it is nearly a month late.


2nd Annual cookie decorating party!


And it snowed!  It was gone by the lunch hour but it still fell. 



Finally, Christmas eve at my parents' place:


Followed by Christmas morning at my sister's.

He got a lot of train-related things. It made him happy.
Of course we ate too much, but with the Christmas eve roast my brother made, and the Christmas turkey my mother in law made - well, how could we say no to it all?


And whenever possible Amelia and I did this: 



Moving on to 2014. So far so good. Our Boyd family new year's resolutions are simple this year: Focus on and enjoy the little things, with the exception of possibly tackling one very big transcontinental vacation with our two littles. I still need to work up the nerve to totally agree to that one!

Meanwhile, they grow:

Our girl turned 2 months old on Christmas day.

This guy needed a hair cut badly on Christmas day. He got it a few days later. 
 And we get to enjoy it.


1 comment: