Monday 11 November 2013

Our new baby and a few other things

Does it go without saying that it has been a crazy couple of weeks around here?

It hasn't been easy, but I didn't expect it to be. I can't complain though since I have had a lot of help and support in the form of mother's, cousins, husband, and a sister who always texts back when I am having a postpartum crisis. Plus my mama is arriving tonight for a week, so despite the tired I feel right now, and the overwhelmed I feel often, I feel loved more. And that's nice.

Anyway, moving on. Amelia is lovely. So different and similar from her brother, if that makes sense. She loves sleeping on someone, can pass out for hours (similar), she doesn't cry too often (yet) unless she needs something (different), she's snuggly and smells good (similar), and she can eat like it's going out of style (similar). 

Here she is:



He loves her. It makes my heart glad.

 
In other business around here, these guys are back in our yard fattening up for winter.


And our Christmas cactus is in full bloom, which to me signals that it is game on for Decking the Halls!  Something to do while I am up three times a night....  bright side, right?


Love from the Boyds

No comments:

Post a Comment