Wednesday 26 June 2013

Summer jump starts

True to all June's past for the last handful of years, the weather on the west coast thus far has been distinctly bipolar. One day hot and sunny, next day raining with predicted thunder showers. It's muggy, the kind of muggy where you don't know if you should be wearing long sleeves, short sleeves, or a bathing suit. But heck, it's summer. And we Boyd's rock summer.

That's right, sprinkler action.



And of course there has been digging.


Lots of digging.


And the result of that rain I mentioned are some pretty spectacular garden surprises.



It's true, I thought this was a gigantic weed before it bloomed into these beautiful poppies.  I almost pulled it out. I know, I need to work on my green thumb.

And what would any season in our neighbourhood be with out these guys lounging around. Behold the afternoon view outside Jake's bedroom window.

It was nap time, who can blame the guy.

And last but not least, our summer kicked off with a pretty rad celebration for the senior Boyd Boys.


July and August, you've got a lot to live up to. I'm just sayin'.


Happy start to summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment