Monday 6 August 2012

Family weekend

My parents came to visit us for the long weekend, and we were very happy to have them. I know it might sound silly because it's only been a week since we moved but I've missed them, and I've been looking forward to showing them around my new neighborhood and city.  

It was a family weekend, a happy weekend, and it looked something like this:

The petting zoo at Beacon Hill park


The perfect afternoon at Butchart Gardens
Post script: if it is isn't already, put this on your bucket list.






My mom liked it here so much she bought an annual membership. For that matter, so did I.  The carousel ride alone was worth it for me ... and for Jake.

 

Celebrating the Swiss National Day with the Victoria Swiss Society, of which we are now proud new members. 






And of course, lots of relaxing at the beach.



I look forward to more such weekends with my family.  Long weekend or not.

Happy BC Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment