Thursday 5 July 2012

31

I turned 31 last weekend.

It rained.
All day.
Hard.

It rained so hard this is pretty much the only photo I took that day:


So it wasn't all bad I guess. In fact I could think of worse ways to celebrate 31 years. There was chocolate cake, marshmallows, a trip to the beach, dinner with friends, and a glass or two of sweet sunny Australian wine.


One of the best parts about my birthday though, is that every year the party keeps right on going into the next day, because the very next day is always Canada Day. And there is no better party then one thrown for a 145 year old country.  Even the sun made an appearance to honor it - briefly.





"The world is grand, awfully big and astonishingly beautiful, frequently thrilling."

-Dorothy Kilgallen

And on my rainy 31st birthday weekend I took it all in. 














It is a special sort of day, turning a year older, watching yourself grow and change. Filling your life with new ideas, people, experiences, projects, and adventures each year. Knowing that you are capable of so much, that you have so much more to give, and that your birthday turns your life to brand new unwritten page.


A whole chapter of blank pages lie ahead of me this year, just waiting to be written, and my pen is inked. I am ready.

31 - here I come.


1 comment: