Saturday 23 July 2011

Hello Blog

Three things have happened to that have made me start considering whether or not to start a blog.  One, I had my first baby in the Spring of 2010. Secondly, I recently turned 30, and third... I recently turned 30.  And while I hear that 30 is the new 20, I can't help but feel my life passing me by while I am just letting it. So many life changing things happened to me in my 20's: I graduated university, moved out on my own, lived and worked abroad, moved back home again, met and married my husband, started nesting, had a child, and a few other things I won't discuss here. I look back on these life events and realize that I have become less and less apt at documenting them. Journaling has never been my forte, and while I like scrap booking I find that I am having less and less time and personal space to do so.

And so, in an attempt not to miss a single beat of my 30's I wanted an outlet where I could document all the small, the normal, the bizarre and the grandiose moments of my life. I also wanted to have something I could share with my son in the future. Something he could look back on and say "Mom, you were SO cool!" (or something along those lines). 

I have followed other blogs here and there, and have always found much inspiration, thoughtfulness, hope, and entertainment in my journeys through blog world.  Plus, my fabulous sister blogs, and I guess her encouragement finally won me over. 

So here I am, spreading my wings, tasting a new fruit, dipping my toes into unknown waters.  I am not sure where this road will lead me, but I am game to find out.

1 comment:

  1. I Like it! Blog away! The world is your oyster! I want the magic muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete