Monday 5 September 2011

End of summer holidays: Part 1

We Boyds decided to pay tribute to the end of summer by hitting the road for one more vacation to two of our most favorite local getaways on the West Coast.  Our ten days away were so action packed I think I am going to need two posts to get it all out.

A couple of weeks ago my husband came home and announced he had taken the upcoming Friday, and the entire next following week off.  Combined with the upcoming Labour Day this was to be quite the stretch of spontaneous holidays, which we hadn't had in quite sometime and were long over due for.  So that Friday we headed off to Bowen Island to kick off our end of summer-cation!

Bowen Island did not fail to deliver.  This little oasis tucked in behind our sprawling city is one of our favorite local haunts.


It was sunny. It was hot. It was bliss.

 The ocean was warm enough to swim in, and Jake spent most of his days sitting on the shoreline, waves lapping over his legs, as he tossed in one stone after another in a sore attempt to empty the beach of all its rocks.

Just hanging around makin' hamburgers with my father-in-law

Dad look I think I see a fire truck!



Yep, I was right!
My boy had many new adventures during those hot carefree days on our special island. He had his first ride in a speed boat. He went to his first Parade, and licked his first lollipop. He discovered, explored, and got messy. 





It couldn't get any better.... or so we thought.  But alas more goodness was to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment